Monday, May 18, 2015

Family, Friends, Comrades Remember Officer Tate

HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- The second officer who was gunned down earlier this month was laid to rest when services for Officer Liquori Tate were conducted Saturday among remembrances of his dedication to law enforcement and passion for life.

Tate, 25, and Patrolman Benjamin Deen, 34, were shot and killed May 9 during a traffic stop near East Fourth and Bouie streets.

Thousands Attend Funeral for 2nd Slain Hattiesburg Officer
Sun Herald/May 16, 2015

Media outlets estimate that more than 2,000 people, including law enforcement officers from across the U.S., lined the streets and attended the visitation, funeral and final procession for the young officer. Among those were the family of Officer Deen, who attended the service at West Point Baptist Church. Tate's family had attended Deen's funeral on Thursday.  

Photos: Funeral for Officer Liquori Tate 
Hattiesburg American 

Family and friends said that Tate, known as "CoCo," was passionate about his chosen career, family and life, according to report from the Hattiesburg American, and had had a childhood dream of becoming a law enforcement officer. Fellow officers said he

Visitation for Officer Liquori Tate
Hattiesburg American 



"Life is too short. So if I die today I'm happy how my life turned out. And I'm happy that I had a chance to meet the people that I met and I enjoyed every moment that I have spent with each and every one of them. That's my word." -- Liquori Tate on Facebook, as reported by Sun Herald.

Tate was shy just under a month from celebrating a year as a police officer with the Hattiesburg Police Department. He was sworn in June 11, 2014. He had worked for ABC Security prior to that.  

No comments: